Your stance is the foundation of every move you make in boxing. Here's Coach Aaron's tips for perfecting your stance:
- Keep your left foot forward and right leg back (vise versa if you're Southpaw)
- Your lead foot should be on a 45 degree angle, rear foot is on a 90 degree angle, pigeon toed in, heal slightly off the ground
- Feet are shoulder width apart and the rear leg is always staggered for balance
- Elbows are in to protect your body, hands are up right below your eyes
- Eyes up, chin tucked, abs engaged
- Any time one foot moves, your other foot moves too, never crossing your feet. A move to the right leads with the right foot, a move to the left leads with the left foot
For more 1:1 attention, don't forget to ask about our private Champion Training program. Available In-Studio, At-Home, and The Viceroy Hotel!